Freelance writers can write more than just articles. I was able to take an entire year of car technology and turn it into awards with live online voting. The writing embodied trends in the industry while the voting application required a few HTML CSS tweaks. So far, the news of the awards and the voting have increased web traffic by 20%. I’ll let you how it helps with web traffic and notoriety on Freelancewriternow.com Electric Car Insider co-sponsored the awards and embed links for the voting are offered to the media. Continue reading
This has been a great year for my writing career. Not only have I passed the 10,000 mark for the number of articles either written or edited, I have met many wonderful people who provided me with opportunities for learning more about AUTO Connected Car News.
- Megan Bozman at Automotive IT News for giving me the opportunity to write some amazing articles and interview pundits in the field of connected cars.
- Philip Michaels, who has a deep understanding of what makes a great feature article and makes edits that makes a good article great.
- Christopher Alan at Electrical Car Insider who is carrying on the green crusade to get more clean cars on the road for a better planet.
- Annie Reddaway at Telematics West Coast who put together a stellar two-day program of connected car executives.
- Andy Gryc the Conference Director of The Connected Car Expo at the LA Auto show for giving great interviews and creating an expo with panels of great technology and topics.
- AAA for promoting safety and better quality vehicles.
- Suart Fowle at OnStar for giving an exclusive interview for the OnStar RemoteApp on a Samsung Galaxy Gear. I congratulate him on his new baby girl.
- Dr. Andy Burke who since the 70’s has guided green vehicle development in the state of California.
- Beck Loving, a long time friend and mentor who offers the best meditation and spiritual lessons in the world.
- Southern California Haiku Study Group, who have taught me how to put the most information into the fewest words possible.
- The heroic support staff at Liquid Web, more than a webhost, a network of caring supportive techs who really know what they are doing.
Of course, I thank the millions of readers of my writing. I dedicate all my articles about breaking technology in the easiest to understand way possible to you.
A few months ago, I read about DSRC being used to warn bicyclists and cars of the potential danger of them crashing into each other. I watched an interesting video on YouTube from Honda. I pitched an article on DSRC to a publication which accepted the idea.
It took a week of emails and phone calls to Honda PR and finally they informed me that they would not give an interview. I don’t know if the PR department put a stop on the interview or if the publication was not big enough for them. Continue reading
My favorite part of being a freelance writer is interviewing experts. I can find out the deepest technical details from an expert that researching online would take days or even months. A case in point, is that I read in a news story that reason why Verizon Wireless was not providing 4G LTE connections in cars was that you can’t talk and use data at the same time.
When I first starting researching car tires, I knew tires were important to the safety and quality of the ride. I never expected so much technology to go into the Michelin Premier A/S tires with EverGrip.
The desingers used 3D modeling and information from physicists, engineers and chemists. To test the tires, special GPS and tire shaver are used. Then to sell the tires, an illustrator/animator is hired to explain it all.
From now on, I’m spending a little more time researching before I buy new tires.
I enjoyed writing an article about the Safety Alert Seat in GM cars such as the Cadillac and several models. Continue reading
I’ve been busy writing for AUTO Connected Car and TechHive Car Tech. Here’s what I’ve written recently for TechHive Car Tech:
- Slide show of car tech gifts for Father’s Day.
- How ignition interlock devices can stop drunk drivers in their tracks.
- Three tire technologies that promise you a smoother ride.
- States look to put a charge into electric vehicle sales.
- In connected cars, advertising will come along for the ride.
- Drop the chamois cloth — nanotechnology could mean self-cleaning cars.
- GM announces pricing for its 4G LTE service, to debut in 2015. Chevrolet Malibu.
For AUTO Connected Car:
- Sometime in the future you will be able to find gas and pay for it directly from your car.
- GM may be the first carmaker to offer a connected car app for a smartwatch that actually works.
- Auto connected tanks to be deployed via drones by U.S. Army: tested in Florida.
Hello readers. I am in the process of changing the theme for Freelancewriternow.com. If you see any strange images or formatting, please be advised that it is temporary. In fact, now most of CyberChimps Primo Pro is complete. I am still working on getting the logo the right size.
I have always liked writing about technology because it changes all the time and helps improve people’s lives. When technology is creative, it is genius and divine. The connected car space at this point in time on the planet is at the genesis of new ways to transport people and communicate. It’s exciting, to me to see how we define the connected car space and seeing what connected cars can do. Continue reading
Some articles, I wrote last week, received the best-ever traffic and responses from readers. Continue reading